Since this is a "non-scientific tire test" I'll throw in some data to
confuse the issue further.  My wife is a small, light person who's
ridden for a long time on an aluminum Trek with 700c wheels & Paselas
marked 28 mm, measure 26 mm at 80 psi.  On her 26" wheeled Atlantis, I
installed some 1.25" wide Panaracer Urban Max (even the name sounds
heavy!) and inflate to around 60 psi.  Both bikes weigh the same +/- a
water bottle.

Her downhill style is sitting bolt upright and coasting, so which bike
"should" roll faster in this real world roll down test?  We ride a lot
of local bike paths that have underpasses where my considerable
greater mass gets me going a lot faster.  She nearly keeps up on the
26" wheeled Atlantis, while drifting painfully behind on the 700
wheeled bike.  Bigger wheels roll faster?  Maybe not the entire
answer?  While it provides hours of amusement to speculate, I'm happy
she loves her Atlantis and the Trek is now a "guest bike"..

dougP