The latest word is that this first batch, at least will have Canti/V
brake mounts and NOT have the cream head tube.  Sounded mostly like
some communication issues between Taiwan and Walnut Creek.  It would
not surprise me if any subsequent batches go back to sidepull.  I
asked about that during a visit in early March.  I was told sidepulls
are simpler to set up so were chosen keeping with the "simple" theme.

I have a frame on order and was slightly bummed as I had already
bought a pair of sidepulls to use.  Those brakes have already found a
home on a winter project, so I'm fine with the switch.  I had a slight
preference to canti in the first place.

Looking forward to getting the frame.  I'm mostly building from the
parts bin, but there are one or two more things to aquire.  I'll
probably wait to have the frame in hand before I buy those parts.