I second the tarp and the sleeping bag. One of the best advise I got
about fair weather problems while camping came from experience Boy
Scout leader. One of the scouts asked in dismay, "If we're not
sleeping in tents what happens if it rains?" The scout master simply
replies, " Then you'll get wet and it will probably be miserable."
True words to live by. Bring a tarp and a sleeping bag in fair weather