I think it will fit on the bus rack just fine.    That is, a Nitto
Mark's Rack with a Wald Medium basket zip-tied to it will not get in
the way.    The medium basket is big enough to hold a grocery bag, and
if you use a bungee net, it can handle an over-stuffed grocery
bag.     This is what I use to get my groceries, although I also have
a Wald Big basket on the back of my grocery bike, which will just fit
two more grocery bags.

Anyway your bike is too awesome.

Matt