on 6/26/11 11:36 AM, Philip Williamson at philip.william...@gmail.com wrote:

> I have a Pyramid like Eric's on a bike, and I'm having trouble with it
> skipping under load. I think it's a matter of fussing with it. Or
> replacing the chain entirely...

IME, the tensioner really has more to do with keeping the chain on the
sprockets. If you are skipping, I'd take a look at things and figure on a
new chain or rear sprocket.  (Or, as on my MB1 SS, since I use a 7/8 freehub
with spacers, I do grind up the freehub as well.)

- J

--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

Current Classics Bicycle Photo Gallery - http://www.cyclofiend.com/cc
Cross Bike Photo Gallery - http://www.cyclofiend.com/cx
Single Speed Garage Photo Gallery - http://www.cyclofiend.com/ssg
Working Bikes & Practical Hardware - http://www.cyclofiend.com/working
Work Shops of the iBob's - http://www.cyclofiend.com/shop

Gallery updates now appear here - http://cyclofiend.blogspot.com

Send In Your Photos! - Here's how: http://www.cyclofiend.com/guidelines

"That which is overdesigned, too highly specific, anticipates outcome; the
anticipation of outcome guarantees, if not failure, the absence of grace."

William Gibson - "All Tomorrow's Parties"