I have a Custom Rivendell Road and got a Panasonic at a yard sale (pics to
follow) instead of another Rivendell because the 61cm pink Panasonic was
extremely cheap, fit me, makes a good commuter bike, and  I like to tinker."
 Of course, I'll "rivendellize" the Panasonic.  If I were going to purchase
a new bike, I'd probably buy a Rivendell, from Harris.  I appreciate what I
have learned from Rivendell, and like the folks there.

Best,
Larry