Aren't they liberating? I too was a holdout for years until I tried
the latest generation of German LED lights. Now I've got dynamos on
all my bikes except my gofast -- 1 SON 20R + Edeluxe, Riv,  1 DH3N72
(actually two of these for the two wheelsets, fat and very fat) + Cyo
for the Fargo, 1 BB dynamo + Cyo for the Herse and one or two other
bottle setups with various lamps for beater grocery getter-types. For
the grocery trike It's is great to be able just to get on and pedal
for a last minute trip to the store: I ought to rig up a dyno tail
light on that one. I don't mind switching on batter rear lights for
the other bikes since the batteries last for at least a couple of
months.

I do have battery backups, a Knog or Frog on the trike, shortly a head
mounted Flea or somesuch for the others, that I carry in a pouch with
ankle and Sam Browne reflectors as part of my nighttime kit, but for
the short run, last minute errand vehicle I want full automation, so
to speak.

--
Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM