You can download a great map of Seattle bike trails here,

http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/bikemaps.htm

There's also a free Seattle bike map app for ipad, itouch, and iphone.

You can pick up the actual map at almost any bike shop (free).  Since
you're staying near Gasworks Park,
ask around for the bike shop in an area called Fremont, which is very
close to the park.  This one bike shop in
Fremont (I forget the name), carries Riv stuff.  There is also
Recycled Cycle near the UW campus.  It's such a great
map that I use it in the car, too.

You'll be near or right on the Burke-Gilman bike trail which is a
major bike artery for Seattle.  You should
have no problems exploring the city on you own.

Have fun.  The weather will be perfect for you.  Sun doesn't set until
after 7:30.