Yes, building your own wheels brings a lot of satisfaction. If you
take your time, they will turn out great, and be very reliable. I've
built about 8 wheelsets. I'm VERY slow, but they've been great wheels.

I need to build at least 2 wheel sets this winter. One 650B set for my
campeur (Grandpa of Bombadil):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39151498@N07/sets/72157626711955076/
Another set of wheels for my 1954 R.O. Harrison:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39151498@N07/sets/72157627733775953/
I'm also cleaning up a 1956 W.F. Holdsworth Whirlwind:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39151498@N07/sets/72157627733642143/

I'm going to try to get these three bikes done in time for the Seattle
Bike Expo Vintage Show in March.

I've also worked on that Message in a Bottle guitar part - it's not
technically difficult, but boy are those notes spread out on the fret
board. I've got largish hands, but I remember some aching fingers from
those riffs! That's a fun one, though.

Enjoy!
Alex