After scoring a Nitto Racing cage at the RBW garage sale today, I took off
for a couple laps on the mountain. It was hecka breezy out, and lots of
downed debris from the trees near Rock City, making for slippery road
surface. Something I noticed was that, after a few weeks riding the
fixed-gear Quickbeam, my motorcycling technique has gotten better in the
turns.

On the QB, I can't coast, and have to pedal through turns. Maybe not quite
*powering* through turns, but not coasting or braking, either - I keep the
momentum going and tension on the chain. Anything else, and I'll screw up
the turn.

It's the same on the motorcycle - the best technique is to roll on throttle
through the turn. I wasn't thinking about this so much, but once on the
curves of North Gate road, I realized I was taking them just a hair faster
than last time, but more accurately, without coasting or chopping the
throttle. Another example of how the two practices compliment each other.

- Andrew, Berkeley