On Thu, 2012-01-19 at 10:45 -0800, Jim Thill - Hiawatha Cyclery wrote:
> Tim, I ride a B67 exclusively, regardless of what type of handlebar or
> how high the handlebar is above (or below) the saddle. This seems to
> violate the "conventional wisdom" about Brooks saddles, but the B67 is
> the only saddle I've tried that isn't uncomfortable (to me) after a
> long day of riding. I have friends who've tried the B67 or other wider
> saddles, and hated them. One friend even thinks the B17 is too wide.
> YMMV.

Indeed, your mileage varies as your anatomy varies.  They make the B.17N
narrow edition because some folks have narrower rear ends than others.

Some find the B.67 comfortable, others find it the opposite.  I bought
one to use on my Kogswell P/R Porteur, couldn't stand it for even half a
block.  An old Brooks Team Pro I had laying around turned out to be very
comfortable, but although the saddle was almost 20 years old, it
continued to bleed dye into the seat of my tan shorts, and so had to go.
I now use an old B.17 Honey on the bike, but curiously enough although
it was fine on a drop-barred Rambouillet it's OK for short distances but
not really all that pleasant on the Porteur.  I still marvel at how nice
that Team Pro was; by all conventional wisdom it should not have been.