This has been a great thread!  I will also be traveling from Boston to San
Francisco for the first week of March.  I built up a bike last year and
shipped it to my parents' place in San Jose.  Always nice to have a bike
there!

I'll be taking Amtrak to NAHBS in Sacramento and then riding my bike back
in two stages (Sac->Petaluma, Petaluma->Marin->SF).  Beyond that, I'll take
either CalTrain or BART to get back to the SouthBay and maybe try to get to
Riv HQ or Jintesha Studio in Berkeley (my college stomping grounds).

My conference will be in santa clara, and I'll be bike commuting from
Campbell.  Anyone have any suggestions for South Bay places to check out?

thanks again for the aforementioned tips.

Geoff
Boston, MA