On Friday, January 27, 2012 11:11:52 PM UTC-5, PatKendall wrote:

> I could have been more clear in my question. My concern was with the
> build and ride quality of the San Marcos. The whole Rivendell thing is
> relatively new to me, but I am enthused about what I'm reading. The
> only negative comment I've seen from a Riv owner after much searching
> on the internew relates to bike color.
>
> My purpose in looking into Riv bikes was to find something more
> suitable for all day rides, SAG supported touring, etc. I have a
> Specialized Roubaix which I greatly enjoy, but the old neck and
> shoulders begin to talk to me after several hours on the saddle.

The ride quality, it's one of the latest of GP's designs... he knows how to
design a bike that can't be anything but a great ride.
Same builders at a lot of their other frames; some of the best out there; a
few may come close, but it's hard.

Color is personal taste.  Funny thing: even the bikes that are colors that
I'd not pick, still look great.  Even if it's not what you'd pick, you may
still like it.

These are bikes that can let you sit more upright, more comfortably, so you
can do those all-day rides.

Good luck w/ the choice....