Not so much a country but a rural work-horse.  I live 6 miles from a
small town, 14 from a medium sized one.  It is a 30 mile (oneway) ride
to shop in the "big city" (Mankato).  That said, I have a variety of
bikes but my mainstay is my SUV, a Surly Big Dummy.  I have 32's on my
NatureBoy and 2.25 on my troll.  The canti-studs are coming off the
dummy this week, bring on the hookworms (2.5)!  Life is an adventure,
it is not uncommon to do 100mile days fully loaded.