My TOTAL focus was on my beloved Bleriot.  Friend Tom did not make it into the pictures.
Joan

On 02/27/12, Steve Palincsar<palin...@his.com> wrote:

On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 15:59 -0600, Joan Oppel wrote:
> About 40 lbs of clothes hauled to Goodwill, then to Home Depot for
> furnace filters and light bulbs, then to Performance bike shop (sorry
> but they did have the exact SPF arm covers I was advised to purchase
> for an early spring bike trip in Death Valley), and then the closest
> place to grab something to eat was Trader Joe's and my friend Tom and
> I had a picnic - which I forgot to record. Beautiful sunny sunny, 62
> degree day here in Arlington VA - about 18 miles in total.
>

> Can't help quoting Manny - his phrase is perfect: Pictures prove it
> happened!!
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/30856149@N04/6936274583/in/set-72157629469604111

I presume since Tom is not pictured, he wasn't really there?

I rode my Moulton into DC. Went around Hains Point, then up the CCT
right up to where the big tree had fallen on Thursday blocking the
trail. Talked a bit with the Park Ranger who was sizing it up, figuring
out how they were going to remove it since they can't drive their trucks
up there ever since they damaged the railroad bridge. Thus ended my
ride up to Bethesda to get an onion bagel, but it was still a lovely
day.

And will be one tomorrow, too.