Peter,

Only you can decide whether it is too small for your intended purpose.  I
have a Barley, a Lowsaddle Longflap, and a Nelson LF, and they all have
different uses.  The Barley is good for a day trip to bring extra clothing,
some food, books, etc.  Not really for carrying groceries or such.  But,
you will likely not need a rack or other support for it.  It is small
enough that if you ride a bike bigger than 52 or so, it probably won't rub
the tire, and because of its size, you will probably not load it too
heavily.

I ride ~54 bikes, and I use a SQR for my LSLF.

Greg