OK, perhaps the Silver ones with the stops are steel.  All mine are the
original Suntours, where that part is aluminum and very easy to file down.
 That square part for Silver shifters in the barcon configuration has no
stop.  It's a circle on the outside and a square on the inside.  That's a
metaphor for how I feel about myself sometimes.

http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/sh13.htm

The Riv photo of the pods has the circle/square rendition.