I considered the Campee front rack, but then went with a Nitto M-12
and a completely separate stainless Tubus low-rider instead. The low
rider can be added and removed probably as easily as the pannier
supports on the campee. I don't know the weight comparison, for the
full set up, but run only the mini rack 95% of the time. What made me
go this route are reports I have read (in BQ and on the net) that
front racks that attach to the drop-outs may stiffen the fork and
negatively impact the ride quality.

Not my own bike, but this photo inspired my setup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ah_blake/6592931659/in/photostream/

Gernot