Earl,

I'm assuming you're referring to the Tara or Nova and I must admit that
this approach is growing on me (at considerably less than  the Campee) as I
already have the Mini-Front.  I assume you mounted the Tubus to the  forks
with clamps?

I haven't read the BQ article you reference, but I'm not sure I follow the
point about attaching a rack to the drop outs and stiffening the fork in an
undesirable way.  The Tubus attacks to the drop outs.  Clarify?

DG.