There is no "blue book" of used bike values. I know some of you gents are
patient and willing to wait for minty specimens offered for <50% of retail.
Others are willing to pay a bit more to avoid weeks or months of bargain
shopping and haggling. I've sold many used Rivs and other desirable pre-owned
bicycles, and had people on this list email me lowball offers or otherwise
suggest that my price was too high, only to sell the thing at my asking price a
few hours or a few days later.

There are a lot of factors that go into it, but in Riv's case MSRP has
sometimes risen steeply, and availability of some models in some sizes has been
spotty. I always say, if the right buyer comes along, price doesn't matter
much, but if the right buyer doesn't come along, price doesn't matter much.