Not at all. Sometimes it is fun to push yourself, particularly on
hills. You can't make a valid general statement like that below --
it's simply not true universally speaking.

I don't give a flying fuck about exercise and endurance, and my
endurance is laughable, but I do, repeat do, and I repeat it in all
sincerity, that I DO enjoy pushing myself, at times, particularly up
hills. If cycling held no challenges, I'd give it up and take up
walking.

 Sometimes we ride

--
"Push back against the age as hard as it pushes against you."

Flannery O'Connor