I use cheap nylon boxers from Target; sorry, forget the brands. These
are true boxers, loose and baggy that pull up above your belly button.
The key is that they are made of nylon or some synthetic, and, while
that may have its own drawbacks, I've found them very comfortable for
cycling, particularly in hot weather: they don't bind or chafe or
scrunch up. I wear them under regular street shorts.

Note that, for me, 35 miles is a long distance; but then, this is on
fixed gears where you can't give your saddle a rest by supporting
yourself on your legs, and where your legs are always moving. I judge
that, fixed:free is like a 1:5 premium, so, what, 165 miles? (Juuust
kidding. But they work for me and they are cheap.)

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 7:26 AM, LF <fie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 4, 2012 12:21:32 AM UTC-4, Scot Brooks wrote:
>>
>> <snip> The farthest I've gotten is running socks, boat shoes (my all time
>> favorite riding footwear), Exofficio undies, and that's it.  <snip>
>

> The seams on undies can make them uncomfortable on long rides. I'm wondering
> what styles of Exofficio
> <http://www.exofficio.com/products/mens/underwear/bottoms> and other brands
> Bobs have like for long distance cycling.
>
> Thanks,
> Larry

"Push back against the age as hard as it pushes against you."

Flannery O'Connor