Just to add a few more photos for reference, here are some shots of the
narrower regular Bosco bars on my Atlantis.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28707970@N07/7643917620/

I've got them set up on the a monstrous 12cm stem. And even with that, I've
to be a little careful with the barends when turning. Mostly it's ok
though. And they are very comfortable! With the interruptor levers on the
front I really have three very usable and highly variable positions; from
very upright at the end of the bars, to riding on the bends in the middle,
to mildly aero with my hands down close to the stem.

I think to the casual observer it looks like a beach cruiser, but it's
really so much more!

Peter
NYC