On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 9:36:50 PM UTC-4, Dave Faller wrote:
> Despite the fact that this is rooted in a comment Grant publicized, I
> wonder if your question isn't really OT, given the forum is ostensibly
> about Rivendell, et al.  What does anyone's opinion about whether or not
> they like-ride-race on another bike made of some other material have to
> do with the forum's raison d'etre?

I think it's on-topic.  I've only ever ridden steel bikes myself, never ridden
CF (nor aluminum for that matter, other than maybe a rare test-ride).  If a
description of a CF ride would ale sense to me, it'd have to come from a group
like this so they could relate it to a Riv, for me to get the comparison...

And, FWIW, I thought things got nasty on iBOB when it shouldn't have; IMHO,
Patrick should feel welcome here, w/o being second-guessed on intentions...