Aaaggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

OK, just kidding.  My tandem came with mini-V brakes.  They are not a panacea
because they take a lot of cable travel for road levers, so there is very
little tolerance for a rim that gets tweaked.  But they do stop well and the
cable routing is simple.

BTW, cable routing is why the V-brake was invented.  It was not to improve
stopping power but to make suspension bikes easier to build.

Tim