I have really been enjoying the Albatross bars on my Atlantis, the whole
bike seems to have fallen together.

I like having a mirror, it allows me to relax because I don’t have to
wonder what might be gaining on me. But I didn’t want to squander any of
that prime real estate on the bars. So I decided to mount the mirror on the
brake lever body.

The only problem was I didn’t get a good view except of my hand and my left
hip, which wasn’t very interesting to look at after a while. So I chopped
the mirror, leaving the stalk and the ball and socket, and gave it a longer
stalk, made of fine Canadian aluminum.

By cutting the fine Canadian aluminum just right you can choose the angle
it sticks out at. I suggest a rakish angle.

Now it juts proudly into the lane and I have a clear view of all that is
behind me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51518228@N06/7965501392/in/set-72157631487256056