I thought it would be relevant to post the following in relation to the recent
discussion of disc brakes.

I was just looking at the Riv site. I hadn't read the Hunqapillar description
for a while, and it has been updated, fairly recently I think. The following is
stated in the second paragraph of the Hunqapillar's current description:

"
You won’t find a better touring bike. Some may have disc brakes or suspension
or other features of debatable worth, but the Hunqapillar, without them, is our
idea of perfect.
"

On Sep 7, 2012, at 11:26 AM, Jim Thill - Hiawatha Cyclery wrote:

> Removable faceplate and a 31.8 mm clamp option. I'm not terribly interested
> in the 31.8 mm diameter specifically, but there are some nice bars out there
> that are only available in that size. The 26.0 handlebar size seems to be
> going away, by and large.
>
> On Friday, September 7, 2012 1:23:06 PM UTC-5, Peter Pesce wrote:
> I would LOVE if Riv could use their clout with Nitto to get them to make a
> removable faceplate quill stem. The bar (un)wrapping (and inevitable
> scratching) with quill stems is the one thing I dislike about them. I know
> there are or have been some versions of this out there, but none with Nitto
> quality as I recall.
>
> -Pete in CT
>
> On Friday, September 7, 2012 1:10:18 PM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
> I am with Jim on the threadless headsets. I have two rivs that I love but if
> I could change one thing it would be to go threadless. It would offer a much
> wider variety of handlebar choices, I find it easier to adjust the headset,
> and it is stiffer, and more headsets are available, and I like being able to
> remove the bars without unwrapping the tape.
>
> I am relatively new to disc brakes, but I like the mechanical bb7 brakes on
> my surly troll a lot especially now that I am finally figuring out how to
> adjust them.
>
> Dan Abelson
> St Paul, MN

James Warren
jimcwar...@earthlink.net

- Remember, my friends, it is better to feel fast than to be fast.