Zack,

I chased a bottom bracket click for months on my MB3 commuter. I took it to
the LBS and they pulled the bottom bracket, pronounced the bearings good,
snugged it up, and I went off without a click. Three weeks later my click
was back. I went back to the shop and we repeated the process. The shop
owner is first rate and checked everything. For a second time he pulled the
cable routing bracket on the bottom of the shell to make sure there was no
interference with the set screw, checked the bearings, and reassembled. No
clicking for about two weeks, then back it came, most pronounced when I was
climbing. During this long process I was occasionally pulling my crank and
playing with chain ring size and chain line - not actually doing anything
to the BB, other than maybe torquing it a bit as I tightened the crank
bolt. I went back to the LBS. The owner repeated our now normal process -
but asked that I not do anything  with the cranks for a bit. To shorten the
story - as long as I didn't take off or tighten the crank the clicking
stayed away. Our final thoughts are that when I would take off the crank
and put it back on I would very slightly loosen the BB (or BBBA) and it
would loosen with use. The initial loosening of the BB was subtle with no
observable change, but when the clicking started the BB would be loose
enough to ever so slightly tighten. It was "the curious case of the
clicking BB", and I am glad it is solved.

Good luck, Bob