I use Sealskinz socks over wool socks in Shimano clipless sandals here in
rainy Vancouver; Showers pass and Rivendell's luxurious bright orange
rainpants ( have been told " You look just like Kraft Macaroni and
Cheese"); layers of merino wool and merino tights under MUSA shorts; a dick
hat under the hood or helmet to keep my glasses kinda dry.