In my opinion, keeping warm while riding in the wet is more important than
keeping dry. In fact, keeping dry, in really wet weather (be it from
perspiration or leaks in fabric) is impossible, regardless of what any
manufacturers say. That's why wool is such a great fabric: one tends to
stay warm, even when wet. Therefore, I try to think of the temperature,
rather than the moisture content in the sky, when choosing my apparel. (I
live in Portland, OR, where it can be colder than many people imagine it to
be! Winter time riding could be as balmy as 50 degrees F. or as cold as 20
degrees F. Quite a difference! Usually, this means layers of wool, combined
with "waterproof" shell material. I have been very impressed with two
jacket manufacturers: Burley (alas, no longer made) and Showers Pass.

Since my legs seldom get cold while riding, I don't often wear rain pants.
When I do, any cheap old pair will do. The cheaper, the better, actually.
If it's wet enough to wear rain pants, overheating doesn't much matter.

Hands, head, and feet are important considerations, also. I ride clipless,
so my feet get wet. Keeping them warm is a challenge. I use either old wool
stocks with cleat holes cut out, which I wear over my shoes, or neoprene
booties over my shoes. Both do a good job of keeping my feet warmer.
Nothing will keep them dry. Why bother?

Hands: wool gloves with half finger cycling gloves over them for snug fit
and grip on the bars. It's got to be really cold and wet before I wish for
more protection.

Head: a wool bike cap or wood beanie under my helmet. I don't use a helmet
cover. I do use a rain jacket hood when it's really wet, but I prefer not
to most often, because it hinders my visibility and hearing.

In the end, Iust embrace the wet season, realize it may be uncomfortable,
and relish the days when it is not.