On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 11:41 AM, James Warren <jimcwar...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I would not file it. Maybe you should call Rivendell.

I will.  Unfortunately, Keven seems to be out for the next week and a half.

> Is it possible that your frame was tweaked in transit somewhere? You should
> call them and not take my word on the following speculation which is that I'd
> be surprised if they let a frame get sold to a customer that is not 135
> without telling the customer. Rivendell is consistently good about that kind
> of detail. It makes me wonder if something accidental happened somewhere with
> yours.

Very doubtful that it was damaged in transit.  The box was in good condition.

> But still, if the frame's fully straight and aligned and rides well, 132.1 is
> a good dimension to have back there. To put in a 135 hub, you're only moving
> things 1.45 mm per side.

I have no idea how it rides yet, because I haven't built it up yet.
When I jam the wheel in, it appears to be straight, but that's hardly
proof of anything.  And I may be only moving things 1.45mm per side,
but that requires a tremendous effort on my part.  With the front
wheel mounted and the dropouts lined up with the rear axle, I can lean
pretty hard on the frame and only one side of the axle will slide into
the dropout.  I'm not very heavy, but this is just not acceptable.