99 percent of my riding on my Sam was commuting until recently. I bought it
when my commute went from 10 miles round trip to 46 and i wanted a bike that I
would enjoy sitting on for a few hours everyday.  I set it up with a SON dyno,
wired lights front and rear, and a DiNotte rear flamethrower for good measure.
Medium Sakville seat bag holds a latop and clothes. That long commute finally
broke me, especially the Boston winters, so I bought a house closer to my
office, and ended up working from home most days. Now I use the bike to haul my
kids to school in a trailer.

I went for my very first recreational ride, (not counting a couple entries in
the D2R2) about 3 weeks ago.