Ted,

If the seat tube has some distortion from brazing, then a long post can be
a problem.  This is easy to fix.  Shorten the post with a hacksaw and file
a small chamfer on the new end.  Make sure to leave at least the same
length as the original end to min insertion line.

Regards,
Bill Lucas
Watsonville, CA