I love riding my Hillborne and don't even know what it weighs. I know I
weigh 257 so it makes little difference to me if my bike weighs 2-5 pounds
less than another one. I own an 80's go fast standard dimension Columbus SL
tubed bicycle and it is no faster or more comfortable for me to ride. I put
quite a few miles on three other frames similarly constructed with old
school skinny tubing of varying thicknesses and my best ride so far has
been my Surly Trucker with oversized tubing and my new (two top tubed)
Hillborne. Maybe at my weight, I need them. A pure performance bike
probably should have a more flexible frame and tuned to rider weight but I
want a frame to last and will gladly give up a slight edge in performance
for that feature.