Having looked for a long time at R+E tandems I have to ask... Why wouldn't
you go with them? The price point they seem to be able to hit for a
semi-custom tandem frame is pretty fantastic. Why not get one and enjoy it?

We have 32mm panaracer's on our burley paso doble. That's a tight fit with
fenders but it is doable. I'd love to move to an R+E with either 650b
wheels or able to comfortably fit a larger 700c.

-sv