Rene,

Thanks for responding, i feel really dumb because when i hold it in my hand or
read your instructions it sounds really easy but when i go to do it i cannot
figure it out.  Maybe i have a spatial comprehension issue, but let me try to
explain my confusion.

The way i have it setup now with the metal washer and rubber washer the fender
is held up tight against the fork crown, there is now sag.  When i tried
swapping it out with the wedge, there are a few things i don't understand.
-is the wedge actually bolted down?  with the big hole in the center, even when
i bolt everything together, i can just lift it off the top of the daruma
(before i slide it into the fork crown)
-the 'well' in the wedge on the fork-crown side is so deep that if i try to
bolt the daruma only, the eyelet on the daruma that the fork-crown-bolt slides
through would be below the edge of the wedge, i wouldn't be able to get the
bolt through(and the daruma threads would actually be too deep in the underside
of the fender.

In order to get over the second problem, i added spacers to push the daruma
higher into crown, adding as many spacers as possible i am able to get
everything bolted and mounted, but it's not tight against the fork crown, it
sags 5mm (?), i can force it up by using a third contact point with my front
rack, but i'd prefer for it to be tight against the fork on it's own.  Are
your's tight against the fork crown?  Thinking about it now, if i removed the
rubber washer and added more spacers it would push it higher into the crown,
but then the eyelet on the daruma would't actually hang on the thru bolt.

Now i might have the wrong hardware as i've swapped out the different bits with
my fenders.  I'm trying to do this with a set of VO fenders.  and i've tried
two different daruma's that i have.

Thanks for any tips, in the end (after an hour of fiddling) i just put the
rubber+metal washers back in place and tightened everything back togther, i
really could've used a picture guide for this, but i've always had issues
trying to decipher fender installation instructions!