All the Staff Bikes that have a Mark's Rack installed use two pairs of
struts, both running to the mid fork braze on.  I started using that set-up
on my brevet bike as the diving board piece began to sag on my Mark's Rack.
 It's the stronger setup if you are running some load on the Marks Rack on
bumpy roads.