+1 for Burrito wraps... I use that exclusively on my open-wheeled bike.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/6909297624/in/set-72157604046492434
It doesn't bounce around too much, but enough. Never came loose.

On the rough stuff bike, I always have one as well, but usually keep it in
a bag or rack due to potential to carry other things.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/4320665507/
I'll often use toe straps to hold it on, multiple redundancies and such.
Never a problem with that one either.

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Christopher Murray <
chrispmurra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And the burrito wrap seems to come loose and get dropped- maybe just for
> me? Much higher risk to get lost. I keep just the essentials and tie it up
> with hemp twine and then use the strap through the twine. It takes a few
> extra minutes to open but is much more secure, gives me some twine if I
> need it, and what's not to like about twine! Alas no shellac.
>
> Cheers!
> cm

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

**
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby
can't chew it." -*Mark Twain*