> On Feb 18, 2013 8:40 PM, "M D Smith" <bee...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello all-
>>
>> My girlfriend just came into a sweet mixte that I'm going to soup up for
>> her into a all'round city bike. The (original!) tires on it are hard as a
>> rock and too skinny regardless and need to be replaced. This bike takes 27"
>> tires (630 bcd)
>>
>> Before I go and buy some, I thought I'd throw it out here. Does anyone
>> have some decent, used, 27"x at least 1 1/4, but preferable wider tires?
>>
>> Let me know what you have offline. Special bonus for anyone in central
>> Connecticut: will trade for beer...
>>
>> Cheers- Mike in Htfd CT

I've run Paselas on my Ram before (700c instead of 27"), and liked them:
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=22997&category=178

I'm currently running Conti Tour Rides on my Bomba (650b instead of 27"):
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=34960&category=178

I like either tire, and think would suit for a commuter type....