"A popular search engine shows it for ~$750 with free shipping"

that's precisely my point.  quickbike.com has a Merry Sales account.  They
are willing to sell a frameset for cost plus $50.  Putting up an internet
storefront to sell a bike frame like a commodity doesn't prove that
Rivendell could design a budget Hunqa for $750.  It doesn't prove they
can't, either, I'll grant you.