I broke my seatpost binder bolt a couple of weeks ago and measured (the
broken bolt, held together) with calipers. I got 25mm of threads (M6 bolt).
This is for a 2009 Sam. I'd just go buy a 22 and a 25 to be safe. Can't
hurt to have a backup. I didn't even crank down very tight, but I had been
adjusting the seat quite a bit for various visitors.

Gernot