Keith,

I bought a Wire Guard for the same reason you list. There was the potential
for some cable rub on the small Saddlesack that I use on my Hunq. A top
rack seemed overkill, and the Hupe didn't look like it would fit a small
Saddlesack.  I have only used the wire guard for 3 days, but I think it was
the right choice. I don't see it rubbing the frame, whereas from the
pictures I have seen it is easy to imagine the Hupe rubbing.

Bob (Indianapolis)