Rene,

I struggled with the fenders on my Hunqapillar. My thoughtful wife bought
me some hammered VOs as a gift because I had mentioned that I thought they
would look great on the Hunq. And they would have -  but with 47-622
Marathons there wasn't a mm to spare. My normal commute takes me down a
gravel trail with stones and sticks. I fret the sticks more than the
stones. After several attempts to fit the VOs (two sizes and lots of
thinking..). I had to go back to my tried and true SKS. They  worked best
for me and where I ride. Good luck...

Bob