I have the Nitto B135 Rando bar. I believe it's 42mm at the ends of the
flared drops and only about 36 or 37mm at the hoods. At first, I very much
disliked it, probably just because I'm used to riding way wider mustache
bars on my daily commuter. Although the shape was comfy, I just couldn't
generate any power when sprinting. However, as the months have gone by and
as my muscles have adapted, I've really grown to appreciate this bar. This
is on a standard 80's racing style bike, so mid to high trail, I'd guess.
I'd keep riding it but it has a terrible creak from the sleeve so I'm
considering replacing it with the Grand Bois as it's similarly shaped in
theory but most people regard it as even more comfortable.

In regards to the question of a wider Rando bar, look at the Velo Orange
one, it comes in much wider sizes.

Sean H
Eugene OR