I read a interesting little write several years ago on Goat's sandal setup
on the pedals but can't find it either however here's a few shots and
comments from Bike Snot, 'er Snob and more.If you look closely you can at
least get an idea of what he was playing with.I've seen better pictures too
but it maybe somewhere in one of Ride the Spine's galleries.good luck.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmuirfromsc/7265984898/

http://www.ridingthespine.com/gallery/mexicogal2.html

 Look at the very last shop on the #11 gallery.

Or.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FDBW6Ek3bzI/TqVljFZudTI/AAAAAAAAWxg/M-tic9xCYSM/s1
600/%2528R%2529Evolutions%2Bper%2BMinute_%2BCargo%2BBikes%2Bin%2Bthe%2BUS%2B
-%2Ba%2Btrailer%2Bfor%2Bthe%2Bcrowdsourced%2Bdocumentary%2B-%2BYouTube-5.jpg

Comment from Bike Snob:  I think that guy in sandals is Goat from Riding the
Spine, in which case those sandals are actually bolted onto the pedal. I'm
not sure where that fits into the smugness-spectrum...

http://www.hamptons.com/Community/Business/6329/Custom-Bikes-For-The-Green-M
inded-Traveller.html

Funnily enough, Wright's favorite creation is currently on a trek from
Alaska to the southern-tip of South America, ridden by one of his friends, a
man that goes simply by the name of "Goat." The bicycle, lovingly referred
to as "Chupacabra," was designed to hold 200 pounds of gear on its back end
and currently has flip-flop sandals bolted to its pedals, as Goat prefers to
not wear shoes. It must be noted, Wright said, that Chupacabras are known in
Latin American folklore as demonic animals prone to sucking the blood of --
what else but goats. "I worked over a period of a number of weeks" on that
bike, Wright recalled, "a lot of late nights."

Meade Anderson