To each his own, of course, but I figure I've got more than a couple thousand bucks into a bicycle that is always just one small oil slick or attention-defecit driver away from crashing and burning, so I'm not going to forgo the awesomeness of a Fuji X100/S or X10/X20 for fear of dropping. You can get a clean/used X100 for $500-$600, a clean X10 for $200-$275 (?), with file output that is as good as a Riv rides. Heck, some of us are shodding our $400+ wheels with near-$100 tires, and you can shred a tire in no-time flat. YMMV... Paul Brodek
Hillsdale, NJ USA

Quoting Eric Norris :

The x100 looks like a great camera, but my personal rules about digital cameras and cycling require that I only carry a camera that I wouldn't mind dropping while riding. At upwards of $1,000, the x100 wouldn't meet that test for me. I generally carry cameras that I paid $100 or less for, and those usually come from eBay (where I buy older models to get 95% of the features at 25% of the price). I got a screaming deal on a very nice waterproof Sony camera mostly because it is pink, and nobody wants a pink camera.
Eric Nwww.CampyOnly.comCampyOnlyGuy.blogspot.comTwitter: @CampyOnlyGuy