Another lesson: Check with local cyclists if possible. Locals would
probably not have routed you on Highway 92. King's Mountain or Old La
Honda would have been recommended; it's possible to ride 92, as you
discovered, but better alternatives exist.  In Northern California,
highways are not called THE <N>. They are just called N, so for
example Highway 92 is called Highway 92.

Hi Anne,

Well while at Riv they and a local cyclist mentioned La Honda but I
stubbornly stuck to The 92 oophs I mean Hwy 92 as time was a factor. Live
and learn next time it'll be from SF down the coast by way of the Great Hwy
oh darn there's that "the" again! You know what I mean.

~Hugh

Hugh
Sunland, Ca