the formula for a bike shop is building a riding club around it, so you
build a loyal client base.  This is where you hire young riders to run the
weekend rides and sell bikes during the week.  Their technopassion sells,
and they're the guys who make the dumb antique comments.  When I was a
teenager, I thought 40 was almost dead.

the formula for a fly-fishing shop is the shopping district in a tourist
town, and devote at least 70% of the floor space to women's accessories.

I could be a heck of a businessman if I didn't have so many ex-wives.