Hugh & Manny have captured the essence of this trip nicely in photos &
words.  Hugh's photo of Manny standing on a pole taking a picture is The
Classic Manny.  Manny's group shot is about the only time we were all
stationary.  This is one high energy bunch.  After a leisurely couple of
days getting there on my own, it was an interesting change to ramp up to
keeping up with the group.  Frequent photo ops kept us together (more or
less).

My heartfelt thanks to the cooks, Hugh & Manny.  Calamari starters with
pasta & sausage main course, absolutely delightful.  And bacon wrapped
sausage for breakfast!  While I'm not high on the paleo concept, this was
truly fuel for the road.

For the navigationally curious, El Chorro is on SR 1 Cabrillo Hwy, opposite
Cuesta College.  Sunday's ride took SR 1 east into SLO, right on Higuera
thru downtown (one of the neatest downtowns anywhere).  Higuera exists SLO
to become Ontario Rd, down to San Luis Bay Dr.  Right on San Luis Bay Dr to
See Canyon, another right up See Canyon, a particularly pretty, quiet,
isolated road.  See Canyon eventually becomes Prefumo Canyon Rd & descends
to Los Osos Valley Rd.  We hung a right (tailwind direction) to Madonna Rd,
left back into SLO for lunch, and return via SR 1.  Total was around 35ish
miles; no clue on elevation but plenty of climbing.

One of the signs of a successful tour is that toward the end you start
planning "the next one".  The hinted-at-above West Coast Rivendell
Gathering, Cook-out & Camping Expedition will happen if enough people get
stoked about it.  The recent photos of pushing the bikes thru the snow
outside Portland got us to thinking......(always dangerous!).  Pacific
Northwesters, expect company sometime!

dougP