Handspun wheels are priced very well... that might be the right way to go
right off the bat.  I'll have to check in at the co-op first to see if
there are any used but tune-able set's available.

Any Atlantis/Hunq riders out there that throw 29er tires on occasion? I'd
be curious if there are any rim recommendations, 36 hole, heavy duty types
that would do year-round commuting (paved) and some weekend off-road
activity... on a 250lb guy!

Tony